About Me

My photo
I am currently in my third year of a BA hons Degree studdying Design and Visual Arts for Fashion and Interiors, and working part time as a Bridal Consultant.

Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Louise kirby Silk Scarves.


Louise Kirby is a commercial designer who produces print samples for fashion houses worldwide.
Graduating from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Arts in 1999, she now runs her own studio in Scotland.
Louise Kirby has been inspired by the bright colours of Marrakesh and Scottish tree bark to produce these beautiful hand made silk scarves.


Images available at http://www.kirbytextiles.com/.


At the beginning of term I produced ten silk scarves for my self initiated brief. I used bright coloured dye and marble paint for texture, I also used discharge paste through screens to form animal prints as a background design. You can see samples of them on one of my blog post, (My own work silk scarves.)


I wasn't inspired by Louise Kirbys designs at the time of making the scarves as I didn't meet her until later on when I visited the Northern Contemporary Crafts Fair, now I am a big fan of her work.

No comments:

Blog Archive