
On one of my Previous projects I produced fabric samples for fashion, I was inspired by the forms of mushrooms and fungi. Working with a technique called shibori I have tried to transform silk fabric into something more three dimensional to give added depth for texture.
Mushroom image available from the book, Common and Important Mushrooms by Roger Phillips.
The image on the right is my own photography.
1 comment:
aahhhh!!!!!! ur so the same as me!! i love fungi and my friend who studies fungi has decided to start sending me photos of her finds so i can use them for fashion inspiration. i'm really obsessed with the underside which looks a bit like really fine pleating. i have wanted to dye really dark brown silk and finely pleat it then use it as an inset into a cream coloured linen dress...
when will i actually have the time to do any of this...?
xx
winnsome
Post a Comment